Pacific Crest is seeking skilled individuals who are interested in volunteering as Video Production Specialists.
(Click HERE to download the PDF version of this job announcement)
Pacific Crest Youth Arts Organization
Video Production Specialist
Volunteer Position (5 – 20 hours per month, depending upon projects)
Founded in 1993, Pacific Crest is Southern California’s World Class Drum and Bugle Corps. What makes us unique in the world of Drum Corps International (DCI) is that nearly all our members live in Southern California. As such, Pacific Crest truly represents the Southern California region during DCI’s summer tour.
Like other World Class corps, our program attracts students who want to perform at the highest levels of the marching arts. In addition to DCI competition, Pacific Crest has also appeared in cinema broadcasts, on television shows and commercials, and in world-class venues, including the Orange County Performing Arts Center, Rose Bowl, and Hollywood Bowl.
For more information, visit pacific-crest.org.
View past Pacific Crest video projects on our YouTube channel: youtube.com/user/pcyaomedia
Video Production Specialists will work closely with the Executive Director and Manager of Communications to contribute to website, eblasts, and social media content. Other projects may include media b-roll, presentations, promotional video, etc.
Video Production Specialists should be able to attend rehearsals and local performances. We would also like to have one on tour with the Drum and Bugle Corps. Schedules and availability would be worked out with the Executive Director.
- Work with Executive Director and Manager of Communications to implement the organization’s digital media, video, and content strategies.
- Production: Production includes, but is not limited to: development, pre-production, production, post production, scripting, editing, lighting, filming, etc. Scheduling of projects, resources and technology.
- Video Archiving: Help maintain a video library and digital media presence on Pacific Crest’s YouTube and Facebook platforms.
- Enthusiasm for and knowledge of the marching arts
- Skills as a storyteller, capable of eliciting emotion and bringing about desired calls to action through video.
- Interviewing capabilities; ability to listen and find the hook of a subject’s story.
- Skilled in digital post-production technology.
- Knowledge of various codecs, compressions, and video formats.
- Knowledge of all phases of production: development through post production.
- Access to – and experience with – video cameras and a personal computer with post-production technology (Pacific Crest does not own video production technology.)
- Savvy in digital space: social media, blogs, digital media (YouTube/Facebook).
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as member of a team; good interpersonal skills.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
Interested applicants should contact Executive Director Stuart Pompel at email@example.com.