The first alumni meeting of the year commenced this past Saturday (2/12/11). Here are a few items we discussed for those of you who couldn’t make it out.
- A $200 scholarship from the Peggy Haggin Volunteer Memorial Fund will be given out to a volunteer from the 2010 season to be used towards that volunteers choice member of the 2011 season. Being that this is geared toward a volunteer, we will be giving Bob Alvarez (2010 volunteer of the year) the opportunity to assign the scholarship. This scholarship money was gathered with the 2010 "Maze" challenge coin sales spearheaded by fellow alumni Howard Hsu. We will be coming out with a 2011 challenge coin, the design is currently in the works.
- El Torito Teal and Old Nights have continued to be a successful fundraiser. Our next one will be on 2/21/11 at The Block in Orange, this is an all day fundraiser. The flyer you need to bring with you is located on the alumni page.
- Adopt an Age Out is back. We have a total of 10 age outs, if you care to join in the program please come to the next meeting on 3/19/11@12: 30 pm. We will be meeting at the El Torito Grill http://www.etgrill.com/ located near Brea Olinda High School.
- Saturday May 28th (time and location TBD) will be the PC ceremony for the corps to hand out the PC logo charms to the new members. The alumni will be joining in that ceremony and provide an open forum for interaction with new and past members.
- PC squares vs circles alumni softball game will be held on 3/19/11@2pm. Location is set for Diamond Bar High School softball field by the stadium. Howard Hsu is getting jersey orders together for the squares team. He can be contacted at email@example.com if you are interested in playing or getting a jersey.