This camp has concluded. Please check back in Spring 2024 for our next Leadership Camp.
Locations below reflect the 2023 camp.
Wednesday – Saturday
1:00 pm – 8:30 pm each day (Pacific)
Day 1 – 3: Moreno Valley High School Performing Arts Center
23300 Cottonwood Ave, Moreno Valley, CA 92553
Day 4: Canyon Springs High School
23100 Cougar Canyon Rd, Moreno Valley, CA 92557
Price: $359 ($409 on and after the week before the camp)
Get fired up to lead your high school band and take your leadership and marching band skills to the next level! After 12 years of Drum Major Camp, we are pleased to expand this offering to ALL student leaders.
This camp brings together experts in marching band and leadership who will prepare you for your role as a high school Drum Major or Student Leader. You’ll even get the opportunity to learn and perform with the Pacific Crest Drum Corps members and staff! This camp is all about YOU. Highly individualized, collaborative, and engaging.
Open to all current and prospective Drum Majors, Section Leaders, Captains, and everyone in between!
THIS IS A COMMUTER CAMP. NO HOUSING OR MEALS PROVIDED
What Camp Participants and Band Directors Have to Say
“One of the best experiences of my leadership career! It stuck out from the other leadership camps I’ve attended.”
“I am amazed by what I learned in three days and can’t imagine how much more I could get out of another camp.”
“The camp gives you more than one way of leading your band rather than the ‘right and only way’. It’s like learning all the secrets from the successful.”
“Pacific Crest has been an amazing resource of materials and learning for my student leaders. I always enjoy how much my students come back ready to lead from being a part of the organization.”
“Students came back ready to truly own and run THEIR programs. Students were excited to try and implement new ideas and see what works and doesn’t to create the culture for learning in our music program.”
- Workshops/Master Classes in leadership and marching band (Field conducting, baton/mace, winds, percussion, color guard)
- Sessions with the 2024 Pacific Crest Drum Corps
- Camp materials and Pacific Crest Camp t-shirt
- Admittance to the Southern California Sneak Preview Show hosted by Pacific Crest at the conclusion of the camp (show takes place at camp location)
- Ticket (1) to the Drum Corps at the Rose Bowl show, hosted by Pacific Crest
- Leadership styles
- Communication (motivation, conflict resolution, rehearsal running)
- Marching band dynamics
- Team building
- Goal setting
- Marching band skills competencies
- Field Conducting, Parade Mace/Military, Wind, Color Guard, Percussion
- Check-in begins at 12:30pm each day.
- There will be a dinner break. All campers must bring their own meal. Dinner will be provided on Day 4.
- This is a commuter camp, so there will be no overnight accommodations provided.
- If your school is sending 8+ students, please email us for a group discount!
Send us an email.
Note: Event details (date, location, price, staff) on this page are subject to change.