Check this page in Spring 2023 for updated information. Information below reflects the 2022 Drum Major Camp – Covina.
Wednesday, June 8, through Friday, June 10
1:00 pm – 8:30 pm each day (Pacific)
Charter Oak High School
1430 E Covina Blvd, Covina, CA 91724
Price: $259 ($309 on and after June 1)
THIS IS A COMMUTER CAMP. NO HOUSING OR MEALS PROVIDED
Get fired up to lead your high school band and take your leadership and conducting skills to the next level, IN-PERSON!
This camp brings together experts in music and leadership who will prepare you for your role as a high school Drum Major. You’ll even get the opportunity to conduct the Pacific Crest Drum Corps! This camp is all about YOU. Highly individualized, collaborative, and engaging. Open to all current and prospective Drum Majors.
What Camp Participants Have to Say
“One of the best experiences of my leadership career!”
“I am amazed by what I learned in three days and can’t imagine how much more I could get out of another camp.”
“The camp gives you more than one way of leading your band rather than the ‘right and only way’ of being a Drum Major.”
“It’s like learning all the secrets from the successful.”
- Workshops/Master Classes in leadership and field conducting
- Conducting session with the 2022 Pacific Crest
- Camp materials and Pacific Crest Camp t-shirt
- Admittance to the Covina Community Performance on Friday, June 10, hosted by Pacific Crest at the conclusion of the camp
- Ticket (1) to the Drum Corps at the Rose Bowl show on Saturday, June 25, hosted by Pacific Crest
Click HERE to review the curriculum.
- Field conducting techniques and musical score study
- Leadership styles
- Communication (motivation, conflict resolution, rehearsal running)
- Marching band dynamics
- Team building
- Goal setting
- Check-In begin at 12:30pm each day.
- There will be a dinner break. All campers must bring their own meal.
- This is a commuter camp, so there will be no overnight accommodations provided.
Send us an email.
Note: Event details (date, location, price) on this page are subject to change.